April 29, 2009
Just a reminder…it’s Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month! Let’s be VISIBLE!
Come volunteer with us this Sunday for the Q-Wave/GAPMINY booth at the 30th Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Festival. Over 10,000 people will be there, so it’s a great opportunity for us to let everyone know who we are & what we’re about.
Come smile, pass out info and help people sign up for our mailing list. IMAGINE! You could change someone’s life by reaching out and introducing them to Q-Wave! Or, help to change ours by showing the greater community that there really are queer API people on this planet and we are oh-so-coolio!
Please sign up for one of these shifts by replying to <info ‘at’ q-wave.org>
a) 12:00-2:00 b)1:30-3:30 c)3:00-5:00 d)4:30-6:30
(there’ll be at least one SC member at each shift, so you won’t be alone! If you can only do parts of shifts, just email the times you will be there)
We’re Queer, We’re Asian
Let’s be VISIBLE!
See you at the APAH Festival!
30th Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Festival at the New Location!
Date: Sunday, May 3rd, 2009
Place: Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, East 47th Street & 2nd Avenue
(Just a few steps from the United Nations and Grand Central Station!!!)
April 9, 2009
Last year, Q-Wave created the Queer & Asian health series to pursue greater holistic care of ourselves and each other. “It Takes a Community!” is our grand finale of this series which focuses on building friendships & relationships with our communities.
* Have you ever wondered: can one person really make a difference? Can I really make a difference?
* What are some NYC queer Asian communities that you can be a part of?
* Do you wonder what are queer Asians doing beyond NYC, even beyond America?
* Do you have some extra clothes, food or toiletries that you want to donate? Bring it to this meeting and Q-Wave will donate it to the queer and trans homeless youth shelter, Sylvia’s Place.
Come join us at our April 17th general meeting (GM) and meet lots of cool queer Asians, who are working to provide a safe and supportive community for us all. You’ll see the wonderful work out there and have plenty of opportunities to see how you can make a big difference.
::WHO:: YOU with Q-Wave!
::WHEN:: Friday, 4/17/09 7-9 pm + Social and lively dinner afterwards!
PLEASE, PLEASE try your best to be on time
::WHERE:: CUNY Graduate Center /5th Ave btw 34th Street & 33rd Street / Room 9207
DIRECTIONS: (via subway):
- B, D, F, V, N, R, Q, W to 34th Street/Broadway
- 6 to 33rd Street/Park Avenue and walk 2 blocks west
- 1, 2, 3, 9 to 34th Street/7th Avenue (Madison Square Garden) and
walk 2-3 blocks east
- A, C, E to 34th Street/8th Avenue and walk 3-4 blocks east
** Q-Wave is a safe space dedicated to lesbian and bi-sexual women, transfolks and gender-nonconformists of Asian and Pacific Islander decent; our Yahoo group, General Meetings and Coffee Hours are open to this particular community. Q-Wave welcomes all supporters, friends and families to join our other social events (ie BBQs, picnics, winter parties, film screenings, etc). Please respect our space and confidentiality. Thank you very much.**