April GM: It Takes a Community! 4/17 – 7pm
April 9, 2009
Last year, Q-Wave created the Queer & Asian health series to pursue greater holistic care of ourselves and each other. “It Takes a Community!” is our grand finale of this series which focuses on building friendships & relationships with our communities.
* Have you ever wondered: can one person really make a difference? Can I really make a difference?
* What are some NYC queer Asian communities that you can be a part of?
* Do you wonder what are queer Asians doing beyond NYC, even beyond America?
* Do you have some extra clothes, food or toiletries that you want to donate? Bring it to this meeting and Q-Wave will donate it to the queer and trans homeless youth shelter, Sylvia’s Place.
Come join us at our April 17th general meeting (GM) and meet lots of cool queer Asians, who are working to provide a safe and supportive community for us all. You’ll see the wonderful work out there and have plenty of opportunities to see how you can make a big difference.
::WHO:: YOU with Q-Wave!
::WHEN:: Friday, 4/17/09 7-9 pm + Social and lively dinner afterwards!
PLEASE, PLEASE try your best to be on time
::WHERE:: CUNY Graduate Center /5th Ave btw 34th Street & 33rd Street / Room 9207
DIRECTIONS: (via subway):
- B, D, F, V, N, R, Q, W to 34th Street/Broadway
- 6 to 33rd Street/Park Avenue and walk 2 blocks west
- 1, 2, 3, 9 to 34th Street/7th Avenue (Madison Square Garden) and
walk 2-3 blocks east
- A, C, E to 34th Street/8th Avenue and walk 3-4 blocks east
** Q-Wave is a safe space dedicated to lesbian and bi-sexual women, transfolks and gender-nonconformists of Asian and Pacific Islander decent; our Yahoo group, General Meetings and Coffee Hours are open to this particular community. Q-Wave welcomes all supporters, friends and families to join our other social events (ie BBQs, picnics, winter parties, film screenings, etc). Please respect our space and confidentiality. Thank you very much.**