GM 2/19: Immigration talk & Lunar Parade Prep night (note: Project Reach Location)
February 15, 2010
Happy Lunar New Year, Q-Wavers!
May the year of the Tiger bring peace, progress, & prosperity to you and yours!
Join us this FRIDAY, Feb 19th, for our regular General Meeting, which will be dedicated to two things:
1. What does Immigration Reform mean to Q-Wave?? – Q-Wave and NQAPIA (National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Association) are working to include the voices of LGBTQ Asians into the national debate & advocacy on immigration reform in Washington, DC this March & April. We’ll hear some personal stories of fellow Q-Wavers who are dealing with immigration issues as Asian LGBTQ people, and plan for the Thurs, March 4th NQAPIA immigration forum in NYC.
2. Arts & Crafts Work night! — It’s our FINAL Prep Night and briefing for our historic Lunar New Year for ALL parade contingent (Sun. 2/21). We’ll need your help with posters, preparing bags of giveaways, and assigning roles to keep everything & everyone moving smoothly on Parade Day.
See you soon!
WHO:: You and Q-Wave!
WHAT:: General Meeting: Immigration Issues discussion & final Lunar New Year Parade Prep night
WHEN:: 7 pm to 9 pm + social and lively dinner afterwards!
WHERE:: Project Reach — 39 Eldridge Street, 4th Fl. (between Canal and Hester)
** As usual, snacks and refreshments will be provided!
DIRECTIONS: (via subway):
– B,D to Grand St., walk east 2 blocks and turn right on Eldridge.
– F to East Broadway, Walk west on Canal 4 blocks, turn right on Eldridge.
– 6, NQRW,JMZ to Canal St. Walk 8 -9 blocks east, turn left on Eldridge.
** Q-Wave is a safe space dedicated to lesbian and bi-sexual women, transfolks and gender-nonconformis ts of Asian and Pacific Islander decent; our Yahoo group, General Meetings and Coffee Hours are open to this particular community. Q-Wave welcomes all supporters, friends and families to join our other social events (ie BBQs, picnics, winter parties, film screenings, etc). Please respect our space and confidentiality. Thank you very much.*