April 15th GM – A Healthy You: The Basics of Nutrition and Fitness
April 12, 2011
….and how to keep a healthy mind, body, and spirit!
Mark your calendars for our next General Meeting on Friday, April 15th, 7-9pm (yes, that’s this upcoming Friday!). I’m excited to announce that we have two special guests from our very own Q-Wave community, Molly Lee and Yvonne Mo (see bios below), who are experts in nutrition and fitness, and they will be conducting an important workshop for us on how to be a healthy you! After the workshop, there will be time for Q & A, so bring your questions! This is a workshop that you won’t wanna miss!!!
Here’s a sneak preview of some topics that will be covered:
- How to nourish ourselves on all levels – mind, body, and spirit
- Specific health issues to the Asian community (e.g. osteoporosis and diabetes): how ancestry, blood type and embracing your unique body type are factors to consider when it comes to food and fitness
- Essential fitness concepts to understand our bodies (body types, common physical pains from lack of fitness, etc.)
- Fitness as a lifestyle: how to set realistic fitness goals and ways to incorporate it without burning out
- Media fitness hype vs. actual fitness – what’s the difference?
- Different body types and nutrition: how to tune into your own body and figure out what works for you as an individual
- Eating for energy and balance, and practical food suggestions
We hope you can join us for this very special, important, educational workshop for our community! Drinks and light snacks will be provided and, as always, we will go out for a fun group dinner afterwards.
Friday, April 15, 7-9 pm
CUNY Graduate Center, 34th St. and 5th Ave.
DIRECTIONS: (via subway): – B, D, F, V, N, R, Q, W to 34th Street/Broadway – 6 to 33rd Street/Park Avenue and walk 2 blocks west – 1, 2, 3, 9 to 34th Street/7th Avenue (Madison Square Garden) and walk 2-3 blocks east – A, C, E to 34th Street/8th Avenue and walk 3-4 blocks east.