December 5, 2013
Q-Wave’s Coffee Hours are coming back — just in time for some end-of-the-year, holiday season relaxation and reflection!
Coffee Hours are held once a month on Sunday afternoons at various venues. There’s no agenda…just casual convo based on whoever stops by! Whether you’re new to Q-Wave or a longtime member, come and connect with us.
Little Fox Cafe (62 Kenmare St between Little Italy and Chinatown in Manhattan) serves snacks, sandwiches, coffee and teas, and beer and wine.
August 7, 2013
Q-Wave is very excited to announce our ANNUAL BBQ FUNDRAISER @ PROSPECT PARK, BROOKLYN!
Come ready to eat around noon and stay until we wrap up around 5-6pm. Bring your friends, family, partners, and anyone else you’d like to help us celebrate our achievements in the past year! This event is open to all, so definitely bring your non-Q-Wave posse as well. This is a chance to reconnect with old friends, welcome new faces, and fundraise for Q-Wave so we can continue doing awesome work for our community.
* Date/Time: August 25th, 2013. 12 noon to 5-6pm.*
*Location: Prospect Park, Picnic House Areas. (See detail direction below.)*
Our yummy menu:
for the Vegetarians: Veggie Burgers
for the Carnivores: Soy Ginger Chicken Wings, Hamburgers, & Grilled Hot Dogs
for All: Grilled Vegetables
& any food YOU might want to bring to share!
Your donation of $20 (suggested only) at this key Q-Wave fundraiser will support activities like Pride events, General Meetings that provide education and discussion space for our community on issues ranging from dating/sex/relationships to immigration reform, Coffee Hours (returning this Fall) to discuss coming-out/staying-in experiences, and our 10th anniversary year programming in 2014. Any donation is appreciated and no one will be turned away for lack of funds
Volunteering: If you have ever wanted to volunteer for Q-Wave activity and see how we pull together all these wonderful events, now is the time. To volunteer for organizing this fun BBQ, please contact Quail at email@example.com. The tasks include shopping for food, prepping, being grill master, and more. We need your help! Even if you’ve never been to a single Q-Wave event, we want you!!!
Directions: By Subway, 2 options:
(1) Take the 2/3 Train to Grand Army Plaza, go to the Main Entrance, cross West Drive and enter Long Meadow, walk south on the left side, walk approx. 6 blocks to the PICNIC HOUSE AREA; OR
(2) Take the F Train to 7th Avenue, walk east two avenues to 3rd Street Park Entrance, cross West Drive, walk 1/2 block to the PICNIC HOUSE AREA. Bad with directions? If you’re feeling adventurous, wander in the general direction of the PICNIC HOUSE.
June 14, 2013
Happy Pride 2013, Q-WAVE!
As an organization, members come out to participate in the most visible activities in the last week of June–walking through the streets of Manhattan together. And every year the organizers provide a sign making opportunity before then for members to meet and come up with messaging that we could use in Trans Day of Action, Dyke March, and Manhattan Heritage of Pride. Check out all the festivities that span multiple days below. RSVP HERE IN EVENTBRITE so organizers can contact you!
- Friday, June 21st 6:30-9:00 PM - Manhattan Pride 2013 Mixer & Sign-Making. Afterwards, we’ll be headed to Karaoke. RSVP for karaoke here. We have limited spots so RSVP today.
- Friday, June 28th, 2:00-5:00 PM – ALP’s Trans Day of Action. Q-WAVE will be there to support trans and gender non-conforming people of color, chanting demands over issues that impact some of the most vulnerable of our members. Look out for the Q-WAVE banner or for Charlie Solidum!
- Saturday, June 29th, 4:30-6:30 PM - Dyke March! Q-WAVE members have traditionally self-organized a presence there. We’ll bring our banner. Join SALGA for brunch beforehand at 1:30 pm at Dhaba (108 Lexington Ave between 27th and 28th St) or find us at the start of the parade at Bryant Park.
- Sunday, June 30th, 11:30-3:30 PM - JOIN Q-WAVE FOR THE MANHATTAN HERITAGE OF PRIDE MARCH. We’ll be marching with GAPIMNY and feature a Korean drumming troupe that a few Q-WAVE members are a part of. There’s also rumors of a dinner afterwards, stay tuned for details! If your willing to help us logistically with a car or purchasing supplies, please let the SC know!
May 22, 2013
Q-WAVE is participating in Queens Pride this year! Come visit the table we are sharing with GAPIMNY and say hi! Also as pride winds down check out a house party that will support Q-WAVE while enjoying delicious food.
Post-Queens Pride Party and Fundraiser
After the parade and festival, enjoy a delicious dinner, cocktails, and libations at this house party benefiting SALGA, QWAVE, GAPIMNY, and the Audre Lorde Project. Hosted by Glenn, Chris, and Malcolm.
Sunday, June 2, 2013
4:00 to 9:00 PM
3405 80th Street, at 34th Avenue
Jackson Heights, Queens
Take E/FV/R to Jackson Heights/74th St./Roosevelt Avenue stop. Or take #7 to 82nd St. stop. Corner building.
Dinner, Drinks, Beer, Wine, and Cocktails
May 13, 2013
Our Annual May Potluck Picnic is upon us!
- It will be THIS Sunday, May 19th (1:30PM - 5:00PM)*
- Location is the Nelson A. Rockefeller Park (close to River Terr & Warren Sts) in Manhattan.
- Closest trains are @ Chambers St [1, 2, 3, A, C] or PATH @ WTC.
- And since it is a potluck – bring food, drink, or games to share!
- Contact People are Alain (917-353-2068) & Aileen (718-290-5904)!
Whether you’re just finishing the AIDS Walk earlier that day, or just miss the Q-Wave community, please join us at the Picnic!! Enjoy the beautiful weather and park with even more beautiful people. Please note that this event is open to Q-wavers, our friends, and families so bring ‘em all.
Suggestions for What to Potluck:
For the punctual folks, we’ll meet at Chambers St & River Terr at 1:30PM and find a space to settle. If you get lost, feel free to call the Alain or Aileen. And a RSVP is always appreciated! The picnic will be in place of our normally scheduled PSN/GM events for May.
*In case of rain: we will cancel the picnic. If you’re unsure call Aileen or Alain! But it probably won’t happen!
Hope to see you soon!!